Scottish Country Dancing is a form of social dance enjoyed worldwide. The dances are danced in groups called sets, normally of three or four couples. It is fun and an exercise for both the mind and body. See Starting Scottish Country Dancing if you would like to know more and how to start.
Upcoming Events in the Area
See Dates of Club Events in the Branch Area for the full list and details.
- Sat 25 Jun Marlow Scottish Country Dance Club Midsummer Dance Liston Hall Details
- Sat 2 Jul Bookham Scottish Country Dancing Club Summer Dance Old Barn Hall Details
- Sun 3 Jul Branch Summer Dance & Afternoon Tea Party Carnation Hall Details
- Fri 16 Sep – Sun 18 Sep South East Region Teachers’ Association 10th Anniversary Weekend Hotel Piccadilly Details
Summer Social Dancing
- Tue 7 Jun – Tue 28 Jun Reading St Andrew’s Scottish Dancing Society June Tuesdays St Andrews United Reformed Church Details
- Wed 8 Jun – Wed 17 Aug Branch Summer Socials Our Lady Queen of Heaven RC Church Details
- Tue 14 Jun – Tue 30 Aug Maidenhead Scottish Dancing Club Summer Season St Piran’s School Details
- Fri 17 Jun – Fri 12 Aug Newbury & District Caledonian Society Summer Term Extra Highclere Village Hall Details
Summer Dance & Afternoon Tea Party
Bring the family along to Carnation Hall for a fun afternoon on Sunday the 3rd of July. Dancing, entertainment and cream teas. See Details.
Membership forms for 2016–2017 now available - see Join Branch.
See our posters on Why EVERY Scottish Country Dancer should be a MEMBER of RSCDS
Three Hands Across CD and book set now £7 - see below.
About the Branch
The Berkshire/Hampshire/Surrey Border Branch is a branch of the RSCDS – the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society. We provide a connection and support for a number of Scottish Country Dancing clubs in the area. This area enjoys an active programme of dancing events. We offer facilities such as graded classes, teacher training, instruction and day schools.
Membership of the branch includes membership of the RSCDS and helps support the preservation and promotion of Scotland’s traditional dance and music. See What the Branch does for more information on what we do and the benefits of membership.
Please follow RSCDS BHS Border Branch on Facebook to keep in touch and be informed about the Branch and upcoming dances in the area.
Please contact the webmaster to report any problems with the site.